Friday, January 7, 2011

Good so far!

The first week of 2011 has been great. I don't plan on making any resolutions but I do plan on trying to get back into shape. I worked out pretty regular before I got pregnant with Charlie. Jacob and I would go on hour long walks almost everyday and I would do cardio and strength training on top of that. I wasn't at my pre-Jacob weight, but I was pretty close. When I was pregnant with Charlie, I stopped working out at about 6 months and haven't done so since. My walks went by the wayside and I've really gotten out of shape. So I find myself at that point where I know I need to get back into an exercise routine but I keep putting it off. Maybe by writing it in this blog I will force myself to jump back on that horse and stop being so lazy. I could stand to lose about 20 lbs but would be happy to just get back into shape and fit (comfortably) in my size 8 jeans again. Stay tuned...

While my motivation lacks, Charlie sure knows how to start the year off right. He officially became a crawler on New Years Day. I couldn't be prouder of my little man. Here is a video of this momentous occasion.




Jacob started preschool two days a week last fall. He was going for 3 hours on Tuesday and then for 5 1/2 hours on Thursday. I wasn't sure about the long day since he still takes naps in the afternoon. He did so well that we decided to extend Tuesday into a long day as well this semester. He couldn't be happier. He still takes naps on his off days and usually falls asleep on the drive home from school, but this schedule seems to be working well for him.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this year and creating many more new memories with my family. I just know that 2011 is going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment