Friday, December 24, 2010

Beginnings

I've had lots of beginnings in my life. I like to think that I've had many more beginnings than I will ever have endings. Throughout my life I've tried like hell to hold onto the things I love while still trying and embracing new things. So begins this blog. I've been following the blogs of others for quite some time now and always find myself wondering why I haven't begun one of my own. I used to think that I could remember all the big moments in my life as if they happened yesterday. How could I ever forget the details of my wedding? How could I ever forget the flood of emotions the day my son was born? How could I forget when he took his first steps or the way I felt when I saw him holding his little brother for the first time? But, as time passes, I've begun to realize that those moments are fleeting and the things I thought I would remember forever have become harder and harder to recollect.

So here I am at another beginning. The beginning of documenting all of the things that I deem important in my life in order to never lose grasp of these precious seconds that seem so imprinted on my memory but might fade with time. Why choose blog form you ask (or don't but I'm going to tell you anyway)? I love reading about the lives of others close to me and sometimes I learn something new that I can apply to my own life. So I figure...if I'm going to be writing about all of this "stuff" then why not let other people read it and maybe pull something from my life that they can apply to theirs. Or maybe something in my life might put a smile on the face of someone having a bad day or give company to someone who thinks there is not one other person in this world that could be feeling the way they do or enduring what they are enduring.

So here is my life...for all to read. But more importantly, here is my life in writing so I never have that moment where I say to myself, "I really wish I would have written that down." Because though many of my memories have been lost to time there is always room for new beginnings. So here's to the beginning of preserving a moment in time. The beginning of an end, the end of forgetting. Now that's an ending I don't mind having at all.




Who would ever want to forget those faces? Not me, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment