Sunday, March 6, 2011

Time sure flies...

It has been so long since I last posted. My posts may be a bit sporadic, but better sporadic than not at all. So much has happened since my last post, but I'll just stick to the highlights.

My parents came to visit at the end of January for about a week. It's so nice to have help with the kids and see Jacob and Charlie bond with their grandparents. I hate being to far away and hope that we can move closer sometime soon. They will be back for Jacob's fourth birthday in June and I will be counting the days!

Our laptop went kaput and we were without a computer for about two weeks. A contributing factor to my long hiatus from blogging. We still had out phones but after two weeks of doing all things computer-y on your phone it gets pretty annoying. We ended up getting a Dell desktop with a HUGE monitor. We never really used the mobile capability of the laptop and figured we needed a nice desktop, home office/family computer. If we end up missing the laptop we'll just get a small netbook to use on the go.

Charlie finally got another tooth! He took forever to get his first two bottom teeth. Especially since Jacob had eight teeth by now. The funny thing is that his third tooth to come in is one of the upper side teeth. I think that he will be getting all four upper teeth close to the same time but the two side ones will definitely be making the first appearance. He will look silly for a while, but it will make for some great photo opportunities. He has been crawling all over the place and getting into EVERYTHING. He has his go to no no spots that he hits up when he wants some attention. These include, but are not limited to, the cat food, fireplace, night lights, toilet paper and the actual cats themselves. I remember this time with Jacob. Our first instinct is to remove all of these temptations, but then we remember how important it is to set boundaries very young so the little guy can learn that there are limits. So far he has learned that crawling to all of these things makes us run and pick him up. Maybe he thinks he is training us. Silly baby :) His first birthday will be here in less than 2 months...better start planning.



Jacob is still enjoying his preschool and making lots of new friends. He loves school and that makes me so happy. One of my goals as a parent is to make sure my child loves learning and understands the value of education. So far, so good. He is definitely testing us every chance he gets. I think the 3's are much more challenging for us than the 2's. He is becoming much more independent, learning things from other kids at school (both good and bad) and he is able to express himself much better verbally. His improved verbal skills allow him to tell us about his day, tell us jokes and some hilarious made up stories. Unfortunately, he has also learned to talk back to us. This is a daily battle but also a daily opportunity for us to teach him respect and personal responsibility. There are times when he struggles but there are also many times he surprises me and makes me very, very proud.

I love being able to stay at home with my kids. It can be trying at times but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I may miss a tantrum or twenty if I worked, but I would also miss the beautiful, fleeting moments that make me so proud and lucky to be a mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment